Monday, August 4, 2008

Cute Book Cover


My niece will be getting baptized soon. A friend of mine showed me a cute covered book a few months ago, so I thought I would try it out on a songbook I purchased for my niece. I searched through all of my craft supplies and found that everything I needed I had on hand. I finished this project in less than an hour, and that included finding my supplies. Here is what I used: The book, 12x12 double sided cardstock, ribbon, flower, brad, scissors, bone folder, x-acto knife, glue, ruler and pencil.



I measured the book and cut the paper about 1/2 inch to 1 inch larger than the size of the book.



I folded all of the edges that needed to be folded and clipped some corners until it all fit just right.


I decided where I wanted the ribbon to go and used the knife to cut a slit to thread the ribbon through so that it would be hidden and secure.



I glued the paper to the book with the ribbon inside. Then I put the brad through the middle of the flower and made sure that it was also going through the ribbon.


I cut coordinating paper to go inside the cover to hide my mess and then I glued it. (The paper just so happened to be the pattern on the other side of my double sided cardstock.)



I tied the ribbon and I was done.


If I do this again, I would probably choose a larger flower, but I think that it looks cute.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I think that turned out cute!

Ruth Pistorius said...

What a cool idea! It turned out so cute!!