Tuesday, July 22, 2008

ADD SOME FLAIR TO YOUR WALLS WITH PAINT!

This is a picture of my daughter's room that I painted this year. I got the idea from a comforter that I saw in a JC Penney ad. I cut out a 2 foot square with rounded edges from a poster board. I then traced the square onto the wall, making sure to rotate the square as I went along so that each square wouldn't be the same symmetrically. I chose two shades of pink, two shades of brown and a white. I then free-handed the inside squares to look all different. I just did one wall like this and the others are painted with the lighter brown. Fun project!












Another wall that I just free-handed the flowers on. The "laugh" is done in vinyl.









If you don't want to pay the price for vinyl, you can do what I did in my son's room and paint the words on using paint. I just chose a font from my computer, chose the size I needed, and printed a copy out. I then cut out the letters and arranged them on my wall. Then I traced around the letters, removed them, and painted the outline in. Quite easy (although red paint is hard to work with).

No comments: