Friday, October 24, 2008

Bench re-do


Lately I have been noticing all of these cute benches on people's porches and thought, "I could do that." So I looked at several stores at new benches of all sorts, but just couldn't find anything that jumped out at me. Then I started looking at used ones that I could make into whatever I wanted. I finally found this beauty for $10. She was painted with a greenish black paint, a vinyl seat and the backrest was raw wood covered with a piece of fabric from the 1970's. She was PERFECT! I took her apart and repainted her to match my front door. My husband hasn't finished making her new seat yet, so I put the vinyl back on for now. I also purchased a large cushion to put on the new seat when totally completed.
I think she looks great on the porch. Go ahead, you can do this too.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I noticed this at Brad's party and told Armand I liked it. Good job