Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Surprise party


We found out earlier in the year that my husband had NEVER had a birthday party, so we decided that it was about time that he did. We decided to make it a surprise. This is what we did for the invitations. I bought some heavy cardstock that looked nice and ran it through the printer to get the "top secret" logo on. Luckily a good friend loaned me her die for the folder and I placed it just right to get the logo in the correct place. I purchased some sticker sheets and printed about 20 pictures on each sheet. It was easy to adhere them to the inside cover. I made several pages to go inside the invitation.

1- Operation Surprise: told what was going to happen

2- Date, time and place

3- Statistics: gave facts about my husband ( schooling, employment, hobbies, etc.)

4- Family: had pictures of all of us

5- Map


Each page was printed on different color paper and attached to the folder with a paper clip. The party turned out great and there were many comments on the invitation.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi, I didn't get the email with your address. So I thought I would let you know on your blog. So I think you know my sister Jenny? She showed me this invitation. I love it. What a great idea. I actually might need your help in 4 years. She showed it to me and told me that this is the invitation she wants when I throw her a surprise party for her 40th birthday! I'm glad she told me since I didn't even know I was throwing her a party! If your close I can have jenny drop the card kit by! Have a happy day!!!

Karen (the little give)